Our Centres for Doctoral Training aim to train tomorrow's leading researchers to address engineering and science related problems for the benefit of society.
These centres draw on world class and internationally recognised research from a range of disciplines and faculties across the University.
Each centre is offering a number of 4 year funded PhD studentships.
During the four years, you will develop high-level expertise in a particular topic but with the excitement of working in multidisciplinary environments.
Many of our centres are funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), which is the main UK government agency for funding research and training in engineering and the physical sciences, investing more than £800 million a year in a broad range of subjects – from mathematics to materials science, and from information technology to structural engineering.
If you would prefer to undertake a standard PhD we offer a number of funded opportunities across a range of disciplines.
The following CDTs are currently open for recruitment:
Centres for Doctoral Training
- Fluid Dynamics
- Molecules to Product
- Water and Waste Infrastructure Systems Engineered for Resilience (Water-WISER)
- Artificial Intelligence for Medical Diagnosis and Care
Partner Doctoral Training Centres
- Aerosol Science, led by the University of Bristol
- Soft Matter for Formulation and Industrial Innovation, led by Durham University
- Nuclear Energy (GREEN: Growing skills for Reliable Economic Energy from Nuclear) led by the University of Manchester
The following CDTs are no longer recruiting: