The Engineering Project Academy is home to project management academics and professionals, staff and students at the University of Leeds. Through the development of excellence in both people and organisations delivering projects, the Academy leads significant change across the Engineering Sector.
The Academy promotes the professional values of honesty and integrity with all of our partners and the creation of a challenging and enjoyable learning and knowledge sharing organisation that promises to always develop trust and be respectful of others.
Purpose and values
The Engineering Academy's purpose is to bring together a sustained and growing interest from Government, Industry and Professional and Higher Education Institutions to work with the University of Leeds School of Civil Engineering in the area of education and professional practise for engineering project management. This we hope to achieve by:
- Working hard to build engineering project management capacity at sectoral, supply chain, organisational, team and individual levels
- Sharing our expertise in developing individual capabilities and matching them to specific opportunities
- Continuing to be proactive in promoting engineering project management lifelong learning
- Learning together through action and evidence based research and collaboration with practitioners to build enhanced performance in engineering project management
- Sharing our expertise with students and the engineering world through publications, the work of our PHD students and showing impact of our research
The Project Initiation Routemap (Routemap)
This is a product of government working collaboratively with industry and the Engineering Project Academy at the University of Leeds, through the Infrastructure Client Group to support infrastructure providers optimise the delivery environment for major projects and programmes. It does this by providing a structured approach to assessing and improving sponsor, client and market capability and integration. It brings together a set of assessment tools in an integrated process aimed at improving the capability of sponsors and clients to plan, execute and operate major infrastructure projects.
For further information on the Project Initiation Routemap please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/improving-infrastructure-delivery-project-initiation-routemap
For enquiries about the Engineering Project Academy or to register for updates please contact:
Professor Denise Bower
Director of the Engineering Project Academy
t: +44 (0)113 343 2271