UK Robotics Week 2016
- Date: Saturday 25 June 2016, 11:00 – 15:00
- Location: Faculty of Engineering
- Type: Open days
- Cost: Free
UK Robotics Week will inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers to push the boundaries further.
On Saturday 25 June (between 11am and 3pm), as part of the UK's first Robotics Week, we will be holding tours of the EPSRC National Facility for Innovative Robotics Systems, demonstrations, and presentations of robotic systems.
At the University of Leeds, teams of engineers, scientists and clinicians are developing novel robotic systems and underpinning technologies with the aim of improving people’s lives and satisfying human curiosity. Whether it’s designing systems to help patients recover after a stroke or building robots to explore previously unseen chambers in the great pyramids of Egypt, we love creating robots.
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
No programming experience? Jump start robotic programming with Flowcode. Have fun programming formula racing buggies and driving them around autonomously! There will be two different sessions for the coding workshop.
Session 1: 11:00-12.40
Session 2: 13:00-14:40
Please select only one session. Book your tickets now: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/robot-coding-workshop-tickets-26031098717
School of Mechanical Engineering
- Take a tour of our manufacturing facility, where you can see one of the world’s largest 3D printers and try out our 3D robot visualisation studio.
- Attend talks about the Djedi Exploration Robot and Assistive and Enhancive medical robotics.
- View our medical robots for rehabilitation, our Djedi robot that explored the Great Pyramid of Giza and our robotic surface water vessel that has just returned from surveying glacial pools in Nepal to help us better understand global warming.
- Take part in the assembly of a robotic hand.
Schedule for Mechanical Engineering - no booking required.
|Tours and demos||Presentations|
|11:00||Robotics at Leeds welcome talk|
|11:20||Exploration robots demo||Assistive/enhancive robotics|
|12:00||Facility tour||Robotics at Leeds welcome talk|
|12:20||Exploration robots demo||Djedi pyramid rover|
|12:40||Medical robots||Assistive/enhancive robotics|
|13:00||Facility tour||Robotics at Leeds welcome talk|
|13:20||Exploration robots demo||Assistive/enhancive robotics|
|13:40||Medical robots||Djedi pyramid rover|
|14:20||Exploration robots demo|
School of Computing
- When will it be possible to build a robot that behaves just like an animal? Hear from a team combining biological experiments with biologically inspired robotics to make this a possibility!
- Learn about intelligent robots that can navigate in a building, interact with humans, grasp and manipulate objects.
- See a demo of a robot running a sweet shop!
All activities in the School of Computing will run simultaneously - no booking required.
Who should attend?