Breaking boundaries in STEM: How does engineering and computing empower people with disabilities?
- Date: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 15:00 – 17:00
- Location: Mechanical Engineering LT A (1.33)
- Type: Seminars and lectures
- Cost: Free
Breaking Boundaries in STEM: How does engineering and computing empower people with disabilities?
Be inspired to believe in yourselves, push the boundaries of what you can achieve, and break down stereotypes!
This event is the second in the series on 'Breaking Boundaries in STEM'. It is open to everyone and refreshments will be provided.
- 15:00 to 15:30: Refreshments and networking.
- 15:30 to 16:00: Video reel with inspiring stories of disabled people and how engineering and computing empowers them.
- 16:00 to 17:00: Panel discussion with examples of Leeds research to empower people with disabilities.
- Dr Raelene Cowie, Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering
- Dr Jen Edwards, Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering
- Helena Johnston, Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering
- Dr Justin Francis Gallagher, Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
- Professor Alison McKay, Leeds Design Lab
- Dr Alicja Piotrokowicz, Leeds Inst of Medical Education/Computing