Our research is highly inter-disciplinary and supported by strong collaborations worldwide. Within the University we have significant engagement with a number of major cross-campus themes and initiatives, including:
- water@leeds: one of the largest cross-disciplinary water institutes worldwide
- Cities: brings together engineering, environment and social sciences to inform future development on national and international scale
- Centre for Global Development: brings together researchers across the university with interests in supporting sustainable international development
- Ground at Leeds: a new initiative bringing together geotechnical engineering and environmental sciences
- Institute for Transport Studies: advances the understanding of transport activity, operations and use, and to develop skills and best practice among transport professionals and decision-makers.
- Doctoral training centres: Fluid Dynamics and Bioenergy.
Our work has influence on a national and global scale through collaborations with numerous partners in academia, industry, government, professional bodies and NGOs in the UK, Europe, China, Africa, South East Asia, USA and South America. The following research spotlights give a flavour of some of the range of our work, our collaborations and the impact on society, industry and the economy.