Top 100 university for Chemical Engineering – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
The School of Chemical and Process Engineering is globally renowned for its teaching and research with an established reputation across the entire spectrum of chemical, energy, petroleum, nuclear engineering and aviation technology. We have just over 1,000 students from over 70 countries studying with us, which makes us one of the largest integrated engineering schools in Europe.
Over 80% of our research was rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
- Top 10 (9) in The Complete University Guide 2018
- Top 20 (14) in the Guardian university league tables 2018
- Top 20 (15) in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Top 100 university for Chemical Engineering – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
- Top 100 university for engineering and technology - Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017
- 88% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS) 2017.
The University of Leeds was named University of the Year in 2017 by The Times and The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions (HEIs). The funding bodies use the outcomes to inform the allocation of their research funding to HEIs. The Research Excellence Framework was the framework used in 2014.
Unit of assessment: General Engineering
- 2.97 overall quality profile
- 100% of our research environment is conducive to producing research of ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ quality
- 83% of our research is ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
- 83% of our research outputs are ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
The quality of our research and the funding it attracts means we’re able to invest in world-class facilities and academic staff who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research. As a result, you’ll be taught by internationally renowned, inspirational academics working at the forefront of their fields – academics who share your passion for the subject.