Looking to stand out from the crowd and secure that all-important graduate job in an increasingly competitive job market? Your degree from the University of Leeds and the wider experience you’ll gain while you’re studying here will help you to do just that.
Over 90% of our recent graduates have successfully secured employment or gone on to further study within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey). Some of our recent graduates have gone on to become:
- Chassis Engineer, Aston Martin
- Graduate Engineer, BAE Systems
- Design Analysis Engineer, Bentley Motors
- Graduate Engineer, British Airways
- Subsea Design Engineer, Cameron International
- Operations Manager, General Electric
- Technology Consultant, IBM
- Graduate Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover
- Higher research scientist, National Physical Laboratory
- Graduate Engineer, National Rail
- Electrification Engineer, TATA Steel
- Graduate Engineer, McLaren F1.
Our close working relationships with a large number of key companies means that throughout your degree you’ll be exposed to industry and prepared for a career in a professional environment. In your fourth year you’ll find yourself working closely with an industrial partner for your team project to deliver real engineering solutions.
We also organise industrial visits and offer additional seminars delivered by practising engineers and other professionals.
Additionally, you’ll have opportunities to:
- undertake an industrial placement year to experience what it’s like to work in industry
- study abroad to experience life in another culture
- develop entrepreneurial skills or start your own business with help from our Enterprise Centre and SPARK Business Start-up service
- join one of the 300 student-led clubs and societies, where you can develop valuable skills and broaden your life experience.