Looking to stand out from the crowd and secure that all-important graduate job in an increasingly competitive job market? Your degree from the University of Leeds and the wider experience you’ll gain while you’re studying here will help you to do just that.
96% of our recent graduates are employed or in further study within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2016/17). Recent graduates have secured positions including:
- Graduate Engineering Technician, ABB
- Nuclear Process Engineer, Amec
- Drilling Engineer, BP
- Graduate Project Engineer, Centrica
- Chemical Engineer, Exxon Mobil
- Energetics Scientists, Qinetiq
- Drilling Engineer, Saudi Aramco
- Nuclear Process Engineer, Sellafield Ltd
- Oil and Gas Production Technologist, Shell
- Process Project Engineering, Unilever.
Our close working relationships with a large number of key companies means that throughout your degree you’ll be exposed to industry and prepared for a career in a professional environment. We also organise industrial visits and offer additional seminars delivered by practising engineers and other professionals.
Additionally, you’ll have opportunities to:
- undertake an industrial placement year to experience what it’s like to work in industry
- study abroad to experience life in another culture
- develop entrepreneurial skills or start your own business with help from our Enterprise Centre and SPARK Business Start-up service
- join one of the 300 student-led clubs and societies, where you can develop valuable skills and broaden your life experience.