Looking to stand out from the crowd and secure that all-important graduate job in an increasingly competitive job market? Your degree from the University of Leeds and the wider experience you’ll gain while you’re studying here will help you to do just that. Our students are in the Top 10 most targeted by leading employers according to the latest High Fliers Research (2019).
96% of our recent graduates are employed in a professional or managerial role or in further study within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey - 2016/17). Recent graduates have secured positions including:
- Test Engineer, Bombardier Transportation
- Instrument Engineer, BP
- Graduate Network Engineer, BT
- Senior Project Engineer, Instrumentel Ltd
- High Volume Engineering Product Engineer, Intel Technology Malaysia
- Renewable Energy Engineer, Kawar Energy
- Graduate Electrical Engineer, Mott MacDonald
- Application Engineer, Omron Electronics
- Control System Engineer, Siemens
- Graduate Software Engineer, Simulation Systems LTD
- Graduate Electrical Engineer, Tata Steel Europe
Our close working relationships with a large number of key companies means that throughout your degree you’ll be exposed to industry and prepared for a career in a professional environment.
Additionally, you’ll have opportunities to:
- undertake an industrial placement year to experience what it’s like to work in industry
- study abroad to experience life in another culture
- develop entrepreneurial skills or start your own business with help from our Enterprise Centre and SPARK Business Start-up service
- join one of the 300 student-led clubs and societies, where you can develop valuable skills and broaden your life experience.