Looking to stand out from the crowd and secure that all-important graduate job in an increasingly competitive job market? Your degree from the University of Leeds and the wider experience you’ll gain while you’re studying here will help you to do just that.
94% of our recent graduates are employed in a professional or managerial role or in further study within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey - 2016/17). Recent graduates have secured positions including:
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon
- Production Project Manager, BAE Systems
- Technology Graduate, BSkyB
- Software Engineering, BT
- Mobile Solution Engineer, Barclays
- Technology Consulting Analyst, Deloitte
- Software Developer, IBM
- Software Engineer, Microsoft
- Data Associate, PwC
- Business System Analyst, Saudi Aramco
- Research Engineer, Toshiba Research Europe Ltd
Our close working relationships with a large number of key companies means that throughout your degree you’ll be exposed to industry and prepared for a career in a professional environment. In your third year you’ll have the opportunity to work with an industrial partner for your individual project, where you will carry out a piece of research.
We also organise industrial visits and offer additional seminars delivered by practising engineers and other professionals.
Additionally, you’ll have opportunities to:
- undertake an industrial placement year to experience what it’s like to work in industry
- study abroad to experience life in another culture
- develop entrepreneurial skills or start your own business with help from our Enterprise Centre and SPARK Business Start-up service
- join one of the 300 student-led clubs and societies, where you can develop valuable skills and broaden your life experience.