Looking to stand out from the crowd and secure that all-important graduate job in an increasingly competitive job market? Your degree from the University of Leeds and the wider experience you’ll gain while you’re studying here will help you to do just that.
More than 88% of our recent graduates have successfully secured a professional or managerial role within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey). Recent graduates have secured positions including:
- Graduate Structural Engineer, AECOM
- Graduate Engineer, Arup
- Graduate Civil Engineer, Atkins
- Bridge Engineer, BuroHappold Engineering
- Highway Engineer, Jacobs Engineering
- Graduate Site Engineer, Laing O'Rourke
- Civil Engineer, Mott MacDonald
- Graduate Civil Engineer, Network Rail
- Graduate Engineer, Tata Steel
Our close working relationships with a large number of key companies means that throughout your degree you’ll be exposed to industry and prepared for a career in a professional environment. In your fourth year you’ll find yourself working closely with an industrial partner for your integrated design project to deliver real engineering solutions.
Additionally, you’ll have opportunities to:
- undertake an industrial placement year to experience what it’s like to work in industry
- study abroad to experience life in another culture
- develop entrepreneurial skills or start your own business with help from our Enterprise Centre and SPARK Business Start-up service
- join one of the 300 student-led clubs and societies, where you can develop valuable skills and broaden your life experience.