We’re keen to support organisations like yours to find the next generation of engineering talent. We can offer you a managed internship vacancy service if you’re advertising exclusively with us, and are looking for help with a particular project or if you’re in need of some additional support during the summer months.
Through our managed internship vacancy service, you’ll have the opportunity to advertise your exclusive summer internships at the University. By doing so, you’ll benefit from:
- our support with identifying requirements for your summer project – putting you in contact with academic leaders in engineering and computing
- a targeted advertising campaign
- vacancy promotion
- CV collation
- hosting of interviews in our dedicated Employability Suite
- management of the offer process.
Annually, the University has access to a limited number of subsidies for local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). These subsidies are for between £1,000 and £2,000. To be able to access these you must offer a paid internship lasting for a minimum of eight weeks, at a pay rate of £300 per week. We can’t guarantee that a subsidy will be available; however, we can advise you on the subsidies available at the time of your enquiry.
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers
If you’re a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) looking to recruit students and build a relationship with the University, then grants of up to £2,000 might be available to you. The grant is a contribution towards the cost of a six- to 12-week internship project over the summer. You’ll be expected to contribute towards the remaining salary costs.
What does the scheme involve?
You’ll be asked to provide a project proposal suitable for a second, third or penultimate year student to complete who’ll then work on site with you for the duration of the project, receiving a weekly salary based on the living wage. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the student’s day-to-day activities.
What are the benefits to you?
- Given that the School of Mechanical Engineering is one of the leading mechanical engineering schools in the UK, you’ll have access to some of the UK’s brightest engineers.
- The entire recruitment process will be managed by our Employability Team.
- With students working on real projects and problems, your projects will be delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- A grant of up to £2,000 will enable you to recruit a student from an ImechE-accredited course and contribute towards the student’s salary.
t: +44 (0)113 343 2227