Our academics and postgraduate researchers have access to the following specialist facilities and laboratories that support their research. Our undergraduate and Masters students may benefit from these facilities during their project work.
- State-of-the-art visualization laboratories including a powerwall (53-megapixel display wall with 7x4 monitors)
- Benchtop display (3x4 monitors) with tracking system
- WorldViz PPT optical tracking system
- Intersense InertiaCube orientation tracker
- Virtual Research V8 stereo head-mounted display, integrated with WorldViz PPT and Intersense InertiaCube tracking systems
- Ascension Flock of Birds tracking systems
- 3 DOF and 6 DOF Phantom force feedback devices, integrated with ReachIn display system
- Twin Immersion Corp Cybergloves
- SR Research EyeLink II Tracker (binocular, video-based, 500MHz)
- Cloud Computing testbed – comprised of an easily extendible cluster of quad core commodity Dell servers connected over 1Gbit Ethernet and runs a variety of Hypervisor technologies
- Rendering cluster
- A Metralabs Scitos A5 - known as 'LUCIE'
- A Baxter robot
- iVIC Platform – our cloud computing platform enables users to dynamically create, customise, migrate and scale virtual machines over clustered physical machines using an easy to use browser-based interface
- Ultra-high resolution visualization workstations, including access to ones with medical-grade monitors
- Wireless Intersense IS900-VWT tracking system
- Laboratories containing both Linux and Microsoft platforms.
We also make use of University facilities, including:
- Next Generation Sequencing Facility – the facility is a partnership between the University of Leeds & the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust equipped with Illumina HiSeq 2500, HiSeq 3000 and MiSeq sequencers
- High resolution medical-grade visualisation workstations - ultra-high resolution workstation and display-walls to develop a virtual microscope that allows histopathologists to diagnose cancer faster than, and as accurately as, a conventional microscope
- University's High Performance Computing (HPC) facilities which consists of over 8,000 cores of Intel and AMD compute capacity and over 300TB of data storage
- Leeds Institute for Data Analytics - The Leeds Institute for Data Analytics (LIDA) offers state-of-the-art facilities in data analytics and will partner with researchers and organisations to help them make the most of the rapidly growing fields of consumer and medical data analys
- EPSRC National Facility for Innovative Robotic Systems – Our robotics facility includes the latest 3D printing technology, a high-precision cutting system, and micromanipulators for assembling tiny robots.
We are committed to sharing our facilities and associated expertise with external academic and industrial collaborators. To make an enquiry please email email@example.com.
If you are looking to locate a particular item of research equipment you can search the N8 database, which holds details of all the equipment and facilities across the N8 university partnership.