- Energy efficient communication systems and networks supported by a £5.9m EPSRC programme grant. Our work has been taken up by a number of industrial partners, most notably the GreenTouch consortium. It covers the following areas:
- Improving energy efficiency in core IP over WDM networks considering core networks with data centers, elastic optical networks, video content caching networks, peer-to-peer and cloud networks, virtualised, software defined and information centric networks, next generation routing protocols, and network carbon footprint reduction through optimum use of renewable energy.
- Energy efficient IoT networks using cloud technology and resource virtualization.
- Energy efficient Cloud networks providing intelligent cloud networks for the different cloud services.
- Energy efficient data center networks: providing novel optical interconnectivity inside data centers using state of the art optical components.
- Optical wireless (OW) systems – focusing on visible light communications (VLC) based on white light emitting diodes (LEDs), multi-beam optical systems, beam steering and adaptation
- Wireless and cellular systems and networks: specialising in ‘Internet of Things’ and ‘Drive through the Internet’ with a particular emphasis on energy efficient vehicular cloud, vehicular infotainment and smart cities, cloud assisted driving for autonomous cars, route and time optimisation of electric vehicles.
If you are interested in collaborating with us or joining our research team, please get in touch.