Research highlights include the:
- Application of modular multi-level cascaded converters for reactive power control under unbalanced network conditions
- Active power filtering and unbalanced current compensation with three-phase four-limb flying capacitor converters
- Derivation of analytic conditions for stability and delay-robustness in power systems and microgrids
- Design and analysis of a consensus-based control scheme for voltage and reactive power control in microgrids
- Development of a dynamic model and suitable control techniques for module-integrated converters for PV arrays that are partially shaded by obstructions
- Dynamic models of switched-reluctance machines and drives with inclusion of machine and converter losses.