Our academics and postgraduate researchers have access to the following specialist facilities and laboratories, including state-of-the-art equipment in:
- Terahertz electronics and photonics
- Microwave and millimetre-wave engineering
- Biomedical devices
- Industrial and biomedical ultrasound, and electronic control
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy semiconductor growth
We also make use of University facilities, including:
- Nanotechnology cleanroom
- The £6m class 100 cleanroom offers the capability for fabricating wafer-scale, electronic and opto-electronic devices, with a sub-micron feature resolution.
- Electron Beam Lithography system
- Our JEOL JBX-6300FS is a state-of-the-art vector scan electron beam lithography system capable of patterning lines less than 10nm wide.
- EPSRC National Facility for Innovative Robotic Systems
- Our robotics facility includes the latest 3D printing technology, a high-precision cutting system, and micromanipulators for assembling tiny robots.
- Royce facilities
- The Sir Henry Royce Institute for Advanced Materials is funding two new state-of-the-art facilities, which provide unique capability for the UK: a multifunctional materials growth facility, and a versatile X-ray spectroscopy facility for materials characterisation in controlled environments.
Our undergraduate and Masters students may benefit from these facilities during their project work.
Working with business
If you’d like to access our facilities, and work with our world-leading academics, then please contact: email@example.com
If you are looking to locate a particular item of research equipment you can search the N8 database, which holds details of all the equipment and facilities across the N8 university partnership.