We maintain partnerships with over 30 multinational companies, including the pharmaceutical, fine chemical, agrochemical, food, healthcare, electronics as well as oil and gas sectors.
We collaborate through a number of consortia co-funded between industry and EU, EPSRC, TSB/Innovate UK. Many of these links are maintained through the Institute for Process Research and Development (iPRD), a joint initiative between the Schools of Chemistry and Chemical and Process Engineering.
Current major projects (over £1m):
- Towards Digital Design and Operation of Robust Manufacturing Processes for the Pharmaceutical Sector (ADDoPT)
- Robust and affordable process control technologies for improving standard and optimising industrial operations (ProPAT)
- Intensified by Design (IbD)
- Creating high value compact products to increase total UK's total supply chain reach (CHARIOT)
- Centre for Manufacturability Design
- Chemical Manufacturing Methods for the 21st Century Pharmaceutical Industries (Chem21)
- Waste Derived Sugar
- Bioplastics from Lignin
- In-situ produced nanoparticles for enhanced oil recovery
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Complex Particulate Products and Processes
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generation Nuclear.