- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: The tribocorrosion of modular tapers for ceramic and metallic biomaterials in hip prosthesis. The study of SiN coatings to mitigate fretting corrosion at the modular taper
- Supervisors: Dr Michael Bryant, Professor Anne Neville, Professor Richard Hall, Professor Joanne Tipper
- Website: Lifelongjoints | LinkedIn | ResearchGate
I completed a BEng (Hons) in Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering at the School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds. After my batchelors degree, I was awarded a 2 months EPSRC Mechanical Engineering department bursary to pursue an interesting research topic titled: Characterisation of dragline spidersilk material.
My interest in biomaterials led to my current doctoral research into the biomedical material used in hip joint prostheses. My research focus was on the metallurgical transformation of Cobalt and Titanium based alloys as result of fretting and corrosion at the modular interface of prosthetic device. Ceramic materials such as Silicon-nitride and Zirconia toughened alumina (ZTA) were also examined against metallic materials during my study. I have been priviledged to give oral presentations in some prestigious international conferences such as the: Internation Society of Technology and Arthroplasty (ISTA) and Microtribology, Poland. My research work and contribution to the School of Mechanical Engineering had been distiguished through the following awards:
- 1st Prize Poster Award - Corrosion Science Symposium
- 1st Prize Oral Presentation Award - TriboUK Conference
- Short listed nominee - Postgraduate Research Teaching Award
I have a strong passion for education at all levels and I engage in a lot of teaching and motivational speaking activities. My interests also include the utilisation of soft and technical skills aqcuired through engineering and PhD studies in solving societal challenges within the communities of Leeds.
Tribology, Corrosion, Biomaterials, Joint Arthroplasty, Metallurgy, Biomimetics
- BEng, Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering (University of Leeds)
- Level 2, Psychotherapy and Counselling Concepts
- Associate Member of the IMechE