The 2019 course programme and leaflet will be available approximately 3 months prior to the course date, you can however view the 2018 course details available above.
What will I learn?
This course is a follow-up to the Aseptic Preparation and Dispensing of Medicines (APDM) course for senior, experienced pharmacy staff involved in aseptic preparation activities.
The course aims to:
- explore the role and responsibilities of the Aseptic Unit manager in the modern healthcare environment
- address key current issues for aseptic services
- equip you to respond to issues in your own units
- appraise and discuss current guidance
- provide workshop sessions giving you tools for improving working practices.
How will I benefit?
The structure of the course will give you the opportunity to share practices with other delegates, and gain tips, solutions and resources to support practice back at base. You’ll receive a recommended reading list and learning objectives for each taught session, and your course notes will contain all slides plus additional handouts and resource lists.
- Current issues and priorities for the aseptic service manager
- The responsive aseptic service meeting clinical needs
- Workshop: current problems and issues for the aseptic manager
- Parallel sessions:
- Training and developing your aseptic workforce
- Practical aspects of capacity and contingency planning
- The design, construction and operation of cost-effective clean rooms
- Labelling to save lives
- Risk management of unlicensed medicines for preparation and purchase
- Biological Drugs – practical considerations with handling and storage.
- Microbiological issues in aseptic services
- Workshop - Microbiological issues
- Parallel sessions
- Quality management in the production of pharmaceuticals – developing a quality system for aseptic services
- Managing hazards for operators
- Recent developments in standards, guidance and legislation
- Updating validation for aseptic services
- EU GMP Annex 1 2017 The significant changes and their importance – vital tips and guidance for service leads at all levels
- Corrective action and preventative action (CAPA) and RCA
- Workshop: CAPA
- The future for aseptics.
Please note, CPD attendance certificates are given to delegates at the end of the course.
We encourage all delegates to plan their return travel to allow them attend the whole course.
Who should attend?
This course is specifically designed for Aseptic Unit Managers, especially Accountable Pharmacists (AcP), Authorised Pharmacists (AuP) and Senior Technicians. The course is also very relevant for Aseptic Unit Deputy Managers, those aspiring to a management role, and Senior QA/QC personnel in both licensed and unlicensed aseptic units.
What our delegates say
"As a Senior Pharmacy Technician, I feel this course is invaluable as a training tool for multiple aspects of Aseptics"
"A must do course for senior staff involved in aseptic services"
"Senior and Chief Technicians should attend this course it’s the best one I have been on in years!"
Medicines Assurance and Aseptic Services Manager
Salford Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Chairperson of The North West Aseptic Services Group
Vice-Chairperson NHS Pharmacy Aseptic Services Group
Confirmed speakers can be viewed on the full programme available to download now via the COURSE PROGRAMME button above.
This course has been jointly organised by the NHS, Technical Specialist Education and Training (TSET) and the University of Leeds.
2018 course fee £490 - 2019 course fee TBC
Course fees include:
- cost of tuition
- course materials
- light refreshments and the course dinner on Tuesday evening
How to Book
Early registration is highly recommended, the past 2 years courses have been fully booked. Delegates can book their place via our secure online store (to pay by debit or credit card) or by completing a manual registration form (to pay via invoice). Registration is now open.
Village Hotel Leeds (Leeds North)
186 Otley Road
Road directions: M621, Jct 2; Nearest airport: Leeds Bradford InternationalAirport: (8 miles); Nearest train station: Leeds Station: (3 miles)
En-suite, bed and breakfast accommodation can be booked at the course venue (Village Hotel) and this can be added to your invoice, if required. The rates shown below are for sole occupancy on a bed and breakfast basis.
We have negotiated the following special rates for bed and breakfast accommodation:
Monday ?? May: £TBC
Tuesday ?? May: £TBC
CPD Conference and Events Unit
Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
T: +44 (0)113 343 8104