What will I learn?
This course will cover:
- the general provision of medical gases
- the legal position, roles and duties of personnel involved in the provision of medical gases
- a description of services and some potential problems and hazards
- medical gas pipeline systems and cylinder management.
How will I benefit?
Medical gases are an essential part of modern medical therapy and treatment, but where do they come from, and how do they get to the patient? This is a subject and a task that tends to be taken somewhat for granted in most hospitals, but medical gases are medicines and as such are one of the responsibilities of chief pharmacists, matrons or senior managers in hospitals where pharmacists are not present. Knowledgeable and experienced experts in the field will present all you need to know about medical gases.
The 2017 course includes:
- The importance of medical gases
- HTM overview, roles, training and assessment and how the permit to work system works practically
- Practical issues as a manager
- Living with less oxygen
- Medical gas source equipment and reserve supplies
- MGPS – walk through
- What can go wrong?
- Quality and risk management issues.
Who should attend?
This course is for you if you’re a senior manager who’s involved in or responsible for the supply, provision and quality of medical gases in your hospital.
What our delegates say
"A much needed course which I will be recommending to fellow chief pharmacists"
"Excellent course, knowledge gap significantly improved. Very practical. Feel I could be more challenging in the workplace setting now"
Mr Tim Sizer - Regional Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Officer South West
This one day CPD course has been jointly organised by the NHS Technical Specialists Education and Training Group (NHS TSET), University of Leeds, and the University of Manchester.
- cost of tuition
- course materials
- light refreshments.
NEW VENUE FOR 2017:
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Opposite Main Entrance Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin Street
Bristol BS2 8HW
Directions to the venue will be included in the delegate joining instructions.
CPD Conference and Events Unit
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Leeds,