What will I learn?
This course will cover:
- the general provision of medical gases
- the legal position, roles and duties of personnel involved in the provision of medical gases
- a description of services and some potential problems and hazards
- a guided walk-through of the medical gas pipeline systems and cylinder management
How will I benefit?
Medical gases are an essential part of modern medical therapy and treatment, but where do they come from, and how do they get to the patient? This is a subject and a task that tends to be taken somewhat for granted in most hospitals, but medical gases are medicines and as such are one of the responsibilities of chief pharmacists, matrons or senior managers in hospitals where pharmacists are not present.
The 2018 course includes:
- The importance of medical gases
- HTM overview, roles, training and assessment and how the permit to work system works practically
- Medical gases for pharmacy service managers
- Living with less oxygen
- Medical gas source equipment and reserve supplies
- MGPS – walk through
- What can go wrong?
- Quality and risk management issues.
Who should attend?
This course is for you if you’re a senior manager who’s involved in or responsible for the supply, provision and quality of medical gases in your hospital.
What our delegates say
"A much needed course which I will be recommending to fellow chief pharmacists"
"Excellent course, knowledge gap significantly improved. Very practical. Feel I could be more challenging in the workplace setting now"
Mr Tim Sizer - Regional Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Officer South West
Please see the programme above for details of all the invited speakers.
This one day CPD course has been jointly organised by the NHS Technical Specialists Education and Training Group (NHS TSET), and University of Leeds.
- cost of tuition
- course materials
- light refreshments.
VENUE FOR 2018:
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Opposite Main Entrance Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin Street
Bristol BS2 8HW
Directions to the venue will be included in the delegate joining instructions.
CPD Conference and Events Unit
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Leeds,
T: + 44 (0)113 343 8104