Dr Greg de Boer
- Position: Lecturer in Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering
- Areas of expertise: Fluid Mechanics; Solid Mechanics; Design Optimisation; Numerical Methods; Tribology; Aerospace Design
- Email: G.N.deBoer@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2607
- Location: 2.43 Mechanical Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | GoogleScholar | ResearchGate | White Rose
- Programme Manager for MEng, BEng Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering
Multiscale modelling of lubricated contacts, including modelling of hydrodynamic cavitation and other related phenomena.
Computational modelling of poroelastic lubrication mechanisms in biological contacts.
Computational fluid mechanics for heat transfer problems, fluid/solid interfaces, viscoelasticity.
Fluid mechanics of pharmaceuticals processing.
Compliant structural mechanics simulations.
Comptutational modelling and experimental validation in tribology.
Design optimisation and metamodelling.
- PhD Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds
- MEng, BEng Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering, University of Leeds
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Module leader for taught content in the design of aerospace vehciles and for aircraft structual mechanics.
Project supervisor for undergraduates and postgraudates, with applications including aeroelasticity, aircraft design and computational mechanics.
Personal tutor for undergraduate students.
Open day and applicant day demonstrator.