Dr Andrew Aldridge
- Position: Technology Innovation and IP Development Manager
- Email: A.Aldridge@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2160
- Location: X101 Medical & Biological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
I work in the Medical Technologies Innovation and Knowledge Centre (IKC) based in the Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, where my role is focussed on supporting and accelerating the translation and development of new medical technologies with a strategic focus on the emerging regenerative device sector.
I am involved in identifying and supporting academic project leaders to maximise promising medical technology opportunities, and managing and progressing projects which show sufficient commercial promise to development with commercial, clinical and other partners. In addition to this I coordinate the Medical Technologies IP portfolio, including the identification, assessment and protection of IP.
My research work is in collaboration with the NHSBT-TES, where I work on translation research with a focus on delivering/translating new and innovative therapies into clinical practice.
- BSc in Biochemistry and Medical Biochemistry
- MSc in Infection and Immunity
- PGCert in Professional Innovation Management
- PhD in Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering