Dr Susana Almeida
Susana Almeida is a Research Fellow in Global Water Resources at the University of Leeds. Prior to joining the University of Leeds, she was a Research Associate at the University of Bristol. Susana holds MSc and PhD degrees in Hydrology from Imperial College London, along with an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Susana’s research interests are focused on the use of hydrological modelling and uncertainty estimation for streamflow prediction and sustainable water management. Her research also seeks to develop and integrate sensitivity analysis and robust decision-making tools for natural hazard assessment under uncertain future climate and socio-economic conditions, in particular in the context of landslide risk management.
Currently, Susana is working on the NERC-funded CatchX project, which will translate existing scientific data from global models and remote sensing products into a web platform to support catchment water management worldwide.
- PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Imperial College London, 2014
- MSc in Hydrology, Imperial College London, 2009
- BSc in Civil Engineering, University of Coimbra, 2004
- Chartered Member, Ordem dos Engenheiros (Portuguese Institution of Engineers)
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Public Health and Environmental Engineering