Robert J. Cooper
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: biomechanics; finite element analysis; computational modelling
- Email: R.J.Cooper@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: X301 Medical & Biological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
I am a Research Fellow in the Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering. I previously worked on my PhD in the same institute, which I joined as part of the White Rose Doctoral Training Centre in Tissue Engineering. My thesis was entitled “Geometric Parameterisation in Finite Element Models of Femoroacetabular Impingement”. Prior to this I obtained an MMath(Hons) degree in Mathematics from the University of Sheffield.
My current research under the supervision of Dr Alison Jones and Professor Ruth Wilcox focuses on the development of specimen-specific finite element models of the natural knee joint. Once validated, such models provide a means to rapidly test multiple loading scenarios in order to better understand the mechanical environment of the knee.
To find out more about the Insitute of Medical & Biological Engineering's research visit imbe.leeds.ac.uk
- PhD Computational Biomechanics
- MMath Mathematics (1st Class hons)
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering