Dr Andrew Ross
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: Bioenergy; algal biotechnology; waste management; waste to energy; nutrient recovery; characterisation and analytical sciences; thermochemical and biological processing of biomass.
- Email: A.B.Ross@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1017
- Location: 204 Energy Building
Dr Andrew Ross joined the University of Leeds (UoL) in 1997 and is currently an Associate Processor in Energy and Resource Recovery and is the Group leader of the Waste Management and Resource Recovery group in SCAPE. He has a BSc in Applied and Analytical Chemistry and a Ph.D. from Staffordshire University. He has over 50 publications in Energy Engineering, Bioenergy and Waste Management and Resource Recovery.
- Group leader in Waste Management and Resource Recovery
- Algal Biotechnology (Algae - A Future Source of Fuels and Chemicals)
- Hydrothermal processing of biomass
- Next generation transport fuels
- Energy and Nutrient cycling
- Bioenergy from Waste
- Characterisation and Analytical Sciences
- PhD Staffordshire University
- BSc (hons) Staffordshire University
Teaching responsibilities include lecturing for the Chemical Engineering undergraduate programme and MSC programmes in SCAPE. Topics include energy engineering, petroleum engineering, fuel processing, bioenergy and analytical sciences. Additional responsibilities include project supervision of MEng Chemical Engineering students, MSc Energy and Environmental Engineering students and Bioenergy Doctoral Training Students.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Integrated Energy Research
- Clean Combustion
- Energy Leeds
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Low Carbon Energy
- Waste Management and Resource Recovery