Dr Pete Culmer
- Summer Internships Coordinator
My research interest is very broadly the application of engineering science to advance healthcare.
The core of my work is developing and applying new 'enabling technologies' suited to medical applications, with a focus on:
- sensing systems
I enjoy working closely with clinical colleague to identify and understand clinical challenges and how our technologies can be employed, with a particular focus on
- surgical oncology
- incontinence therapies
I am Engineering Lead of the Surgical Technologies research group, working closely with colleagues in engineering, pyschology and clinical sciences to pursue these goals.
My PhD Thesis and a number of publications are available online.
- MEng, Mechatronics (University of Leeds)
- PhD, (University of Leeds). Control scheme for the iPAM upper limb rehabilitation robot.
I teach Computing for Engineers and Biomechanics
- Level-3 Individual Projects
- Level-4 Group Projects
Coordinator for the Mech-Eng Student Summer Internships
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
- Surgical Technologies Research Group