Professor John Cunningham
- Position: Professor
- Areas of expertise: MHz to THz electronic devices and systems; Surface and bulk acoustic waves; on-chip GHz/THz devices and systems; semiconductor devices; interdisciplinary applications of high frequency electronics.
- Email: J.E.Cunningham@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0618
- Location: 1.63 School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- 2016 – Deputy Head of School
- 2011 – 2016 Director of Institute of Microwaves and Photonics
- 2010 Chair of Nanoelectronics
- 2008 Reader in High Frequency Electronics and Terahertz Photonics
- 2003 – 2008 EPSRC Advanced Fellowship, University of Leeds.
- 2003 Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship, University of Leeds
- 2000 – 2003 College Lecturer and Fellow of Selwyn College, Cambridge
- 2002 - 2003 Director of Studies in Physics, Selwyn College, Cambridge
- 2000 – 2003 Postdoctoral research associate, Cavendish Laboratory, Cambridge
- 2000 PhD Physics, Cavendish Laboratory, Cambridge. Supervisor: Professor Sir Michael Pepper
- 1996 MSc (distinction) in Semiconductor Physics, Imperial College London
- 1995 BSc (1st class honours) in Physical Sciences, University College London
- Deputy Head of School
- Director of Teranet
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. If you are interested in PhD study, please send me an email with your details.
Research groups and institutes
- Pollard Institute