Dr Craig A. Evans
- 2018 - present, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, Senior Teaching Fellow.
- 2009 - 2018, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, Teaching Fellow.
- 2007 - 2009, Institute of Microwave & Photonics/Institute of Materials Research, University of Leeds, Research Assistant, Basic Technology project, "Nano- and Micro-scale Integration of Glass-on-Semiconductor for Photonic Components Engineering".
- 2004 - 2007, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, PhD, "The optical and thermal properties of quantum cascade lasers".
- 2000 - 2004, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, MEng, Electronic & Photonic Communications.
- Deputy Director of Student Education (Taught Programmes)
- Programme Manager - Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Year Tutor - Level 2
- PhD Quantum Electronics, University of Leeds
- MEng Electronic & Photonic Communications, University of Leeds
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
I am currently the Deputy Director of Student Education (Taught Programmes) in the School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering. In addition, I am the Level 2 Year Tutor, Programme Manager for our Electronics & Computer Engineering degree programmes and Embedded Systems Theme Team Leader. I sit on the Faculty of Engineering Blended Learning/Digital Education Commitee.
Teaching Enhancement Project
During 2019, I am on a part-time secondment to the Leeds Institute of Teaching Excellence (LITE), co-leading a Teaching Enhancement Project with Dr Sam Wilson from the School of Computing. We are developing an automated assessment and feedback platform that can be used in computer programming and simulation classes.
Teaching and Project Supervision Responsibilities
I teach on several undergradute modules covering digital electronics, microcontrollers, microprocessors and embedded systems. Additionally I usually supervise both undergradute and taught postgraduate projects.
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AdvanceHE) and mentor colleagues through the process as part of the University of Leeds PRiSE (Professional Recognition in Student Education) and PGCAP (Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice) schemes. I have presented my work on digital education, blended learning and project-based learning at several conferences including the HEA STEM Conference 2018 and regularly contribute to the annual Leeds Student Education Conference (SEC).
I am a founding member of the Teaching and Learning in Engineering NeTwork (TALENT). This is a cross-Faculty network of staff wishing to share and develop learning and teaching practice in engineering and support career development.
I sit on the Steering Commitee for the Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems & Sensing (IRASS) with a responsibility for outreach and run events aimed at encouraging young people into engineering and robotics (e.g. Leeds Festival of Science).
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Sensing