Dr Justin Francis Gallagher
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: robotics; rehabilitation devices; online engineering laboratories; internet of things; software engineering; business; intellectual property
- Email: J.F.Gallagher@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G54b Mechanical Engineering
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | GoogleScholar
I am a member of the Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation (iDRO), and a research fellow in software and hardware development for robotic physiotherapy. I completed my PhD in Autonomous Robot-Assisted Upper Limb Physiotherapy (part time) in 2014 at the University of Leeds. I also have an MSc from the same institution, and a BEng from the University of Leicester both in Mechanical Engineering.
Outside of university I also run several business in software, robotics and IT.
My responsibilities include developing hardware and software for rehabilitation systems, internet of things applications, serious rehabilitation games development and evaluating potential business opportunities for the technology. I am also involved in developing systems and collaborations for the ReLOAD project, putting engineering experiments online for learning and improving engineering pedagogy. I also supervise undergraduate projects at level 3 and 4, and advise on PhD projects.
My research interests include developing internet of things applications, artificial intelligence and machine learning, big data analysis, control systems, and software development.
- MSc (Eng)
I supervise and advise on several level 3 (individual) and level 4 (group) undergraduate projects. I'm also a laboratory demonstrator for 2nd year mechanical modules.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
- Robotics at Leeds