Dr Olivier Cayre
- Position: Associate Professor in Colloid and Polymer Engineering
- Areas of expertise: Colloid engineering; particle design; heterogeneous polymerisation; encapsulation; interfacial phenomena; emulsions; foams.
- Email: O.J.Cayre@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4939
- Location: 2.36 Chemical and Process Engineering Building
- Website: Colloid and Engineering Polymer Group | Colloids Group | Twitter | LinkedIn | GoogleScholar | ResearchGate
- Associate Professor in Colloid and Polymer Engineering, School of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Leeds (2017-present).
- Lecturer, School of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK (2012-2017).
- University Research Fellow, School of Process, Environmental and Materials Engineering, University of Leeds, UK (2007-2012).
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, North Carolina State University (NCSU), Raleigh, NC, US (2006-2007).
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Funded by Unilever Ltd.), Department of Chemistry, University of Hull, UK (2005).
- PhD, Colloid Chemistry, University of Hull, UK (2001-2005).
- MSc (Hons), Macromolecular and Physical Chemistry, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France (2000-2001).
- Co-leader of Colloid and Polymer Engineering Research Group
Design and synthesis of functional colloidal and polymeric systems
Emulsions and foams
Adsorption at surfaces and interfaces
Controlled and self-assembly of colloidal systems
Colloid particle manipulation using external forces (e.g. magnetic and electric fields)
Complex formulated products
- Member of the Colloid & Surface Science Committee of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Member of the Society for Chemistry in Industry
Research groups and institutes
- Complex Systems and Processes
- Institute of Process Research and Development
- Functional Materials, Products and Devices
- Industrial Biotechnology