Dr Timothy Hunter
- Position: Lecturer (Academic)
- Areas of expertise: ultrasonic instrumentation; particle & surfactant stabilised foams and emulsions; surfactant and polymer adsorption; suspension rheology & settling; flocculation & stability control; slurry/paste pump
- Email: T.N.Hunter@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2790
- Location: 2.46 Engineering Building
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, The University of Newcastle, Australia. Title: ‘Influence of Nanoparticle & Surfactant Interactions on Foam Stability’ (awarded 2009).
- BSc(Chemistry)/BE(Chemical Engineering) Hon. Class 1, The University of Newcastle, Australia (awarded 2005)
2014 - Present, School of Chemical & Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK. Lecturer.
2008 - 2014, School of Chemical & Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK. Research Fellow.
My general research interest is in multiphase suspension and slurry processing, froth flotation, structure-property relationships of multiphase products, as well as interfacial colloidal and soft matter systems.
I have current projects on acoustic and other novel in situ/online characterisation techniques; production of responsive latex particles and emulsion template colloidasomes; structure-property relationships of complex liquid based chemical products; sediment erosion, dispersion, settling and gas hold-up.
Lectures modules on chemical thermodynamics, water treatment, nuclear engineering, high value chemical manufacture and scale-up.
Research groups and institutes
- Complex Systems and Processes
- Energy Leeds
- Functional Materials, Products and Devices
- Institute of Process Research and Development
- Nuclear Leeds
- Waste Management and Resource Recovery
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study.
Projects currently available: