Dr Abdellatif Abdelgaied
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Tribology; Biomaterials; Total Joint Replacements; Tissue Scaffolds; Computational Simulation; Experimental Simulation.
- Email: A.Abdelgaied@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9089
- Location: X301 Medical & Biological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | GoogleScholar | ResearchGate
Dr Abdellatif Abdelgaied is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer (CEng MIMechE) working in the mechanical and biomedical engineering sector. Dr Abdelgaied holds a PhD in Biomedical Engineering, PG Cert in Professional Innovation Management, MSc and BSc in Mechanical Engineering. Design, tribology, experimental and computational simulations of medical implants, and biomechanical testing of scaffolds and medical grade materials are his areas of interest. Dr Abdelgaied has worked in collaboration with DePuy Synthes UK, Invibio ltd UK, SimSol UK, and Tissue Regenix UK.
Design, tribology, experimental and computational simulations of medical implants, biomaterials, and tissue scaffolds.
To find out more about the Insitute of Medical & Biological Engineering's research visit imbe.leeds.ac.uk
- PG Cert in Professional Innovation Management
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Design Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer - Institution of Mechanical Engineers (CEng MIMechE)
- Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS)
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering