Dr Abdellatif Abdelgaied
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: tribology; biomaterials; total joint replacements; tissue scaffolds; computational simulation; experimental simulation
- Email: A.Abdelgaied@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9089
- Location: X301 School of Mechanical Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | GoogleScholar | ResearchGate
Dr Abdellatif Abdelgaied holds a PG Cert in Professional Innovation Management (University of Leeds, 2014), PhD in Biomedical Engineering (University of Leeds, 2012), MSc (2006) and BSc (1999) in Mechanical Engineering (Helwan University, Cairo). Dr Abdelgaied has worked in collaboration with DePuy Synthes UK, Invibio ltd UK, and Tissue Regenix UK.
Design, tribology, experimental and computational simulations of medical implants, biomaterials, and tissue scaffolds.
- PG Cert in Professional Innovation Management
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Design Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer - Institution of Mechanical Engineers (CEng MIMechE)
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering