Dr Giorgio Locatelli
- Position: Associate Professor in Infrastructure Procurement and Management
- Areas of expertise: megaprojects, SMR, nuclear sector, project benchmarking, cost-benefit analysis, risk management, ethics & corruption, infrastructure end-of-life, project governance and temporary organisations
- Email: G.Locatelli@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2296
- Location: 4.20 School of Civil Engineering
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | GoogleScholar | ResearchGate
Associate professor of Infrastructure Procurement and Management at the University of Leeds. Educated in Politecnico di Milano, the most prestigious Italian technical university has a Bachelor and Master in mechanical engineering (final mark 110/110 - 2006) and a PhD “Cum Laude” in Industrial engineering, economics, and management (2011). He attracted about 1 million euro in research founds. He is the co-author of more than 100 international peer-reviewed publications.
Giorgio research is about project management, economics and finance in large infrastructure. He focuses on megaprojects, project benchmarking, cost-benefit analysis, risk management, ethics & corruption, infrastructure end-of-life, project governance and temporary organisations. His main area of application is the energy sector with a focus on the nuclear industry and Small Modular Reactors (SMR).
Giorgio also works as a consultant and visiting academic for several institutions, including the IAEA, Argonne National Laboratories, the UK government etc.
Giorgio is in the editorial board of the three most prestigious project management journals: “Project Management Journal” (where is senior editor), the “International Journal of Project Management”, and “Construction Management and Economics”. His membership also includes:
- CEO Council on Transformational megaprojects – World Economic forum
- Editorial Board of “Progress in Nuclear Energy”
- Project X https://www.bettergovprojects.com/
- Member elected of the Italian National Board of ANIMP for the section “Transportation and Logistic”
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering (3 years programme)
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering – Specialization in Industrial engineering (2 years programme)
- Ph.D. in Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering
- Postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Research groups and institutes
- Cities and Infrastructure
- Energy and Sustainable Buildings
- Water, Public Health and Environmental Engineering
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study.
Projects currently available:
- Alternative contracting and financing approaches for nuclear power plants
- How engineering agility can influence the delivery of megaprojects