Dr Zhiqiang Zhang
- Position: University Academic Fellow
- Areas of expertise: body sensor network; embedded systems; wearable sensing; statistic signal processing; sensor fusion; bio-mechanics; machine learning; big data; gait analysis; rehabilitation
- Email: Z.Zhang3@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.69 School of Electronic & Electrical Eng
- Website: Personal website | GoogleScholar
Since March 2016, I have been an academic staff at University of Leeds, where I hold a joint position in Body Sensor Network for Healthcare and Robot between School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering and School of Mechanical Engineering. I received my Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2010. Upon completion of my Ph.D. degree, I then moved to Imperial College London working as a research associate for five and half years.
My primary research interests are applying wearable/pervasive sensing technologies into healthcare and wellbeing research, with emphasis on wearable human motion analysis for different patients groups. Meanwhile, I am also interested in exoskeleton rehab robots and prosthetics control using wearable sensors.
For more information, please vist my personal website at: http://www.leeds-zhiqiang.com
Body sensor network,embedded systems, wearable sensing, statistic signal processing, sensor fusion, bio-mechanics, machine learning, big data, gait analysis, rehabiliation
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
- Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Sensing
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study.
Projects currently available:
- Development of Energy Harvesting Technologies
- Development of soft muscles
- Human neuromuscular biomechanical modeling
- Wearable Robot for Personalised Bilateral Stroke Rehabilitation